If the current rhetoric and policies surrounding immigration unsettle you,
If you’re not sure what you can do to positively influence the situation,
If your heart is broken for the loved ones being torn apart,
and Advocacy Effort
Who we are
IBAE is a project coordinated by members of various Pennsylvania faith-based and legal services organizations who feel that no one should be incarcerated, separated from their loved ones, or denied access to basic services solely because of their immigration status and their inability to pay a bond.
Affiliations of the initial steering committee members of IBAE include: Landisville Mennonite Church, Lancaster Friends Meeting, Parish Resource Center, Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center, and ALDEA – The People’s Justice Center. For more information about this project and its coordinators, please contact us at IBAE@parishresourcecenter.org.
What we do
We provide bond money to undocumented persons so that they can remain with their loved ones throughout lengthy legal proceedings. For some, the difference between spending years in jail or with their loved ones, is only a few hundred or thousand dollars.
Who we help
- Individuals detained at York County Prison who have had bond set by an Immigration Judge or by the Department of Homeland Security. York County Prison is the largest detention center in PA, and receives persons from across the US, including from the southern border.
- Individuals who are represented by an attorney, to help ensure the best possible outcome. We recognize that this criterion limits our ability to assist individuals who have fewer resources. We hope to expand our initiative in the future.
- We will prioritize individuals with a family and/or friend network that has raised a portion of the bond amount, ideally 15%.
These are guidelines. The committee has discretion to make exceptions.
How you can help
We are currently accepting tax deductible donations through Parish Resource Center. Your money will make an immediate impact, reuniting loved ones. Checks can be made out to Parish Resource Center, and designated for IBAE.
To make a donation by credit card, click on the “Donate” button below. In the PayPal window that opens:
- Please select IBAE in the “Optional: Use this Donation For” box.
- Be sure to check the box to share your address. This will allow Parish Resource Center to send confirmation for your tax purposes.
2160 Lincoln Hwy E. #18
Lancaster, PA 17602